You could do this activity for G = garden, growing or S = seeds, soil, spring.
- Each of the kids got a plastic baseball card holder. Available here.
- They helped spoon dirt into each section (about half full)
- Then they chose from our seeds whatever they wanted to plant. We had cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Drop a few seeds in each section
- Add a little more soil
- Then squirt a few squirts of water with a squirt bottle.
- Label each section so you know what was growing.
- Use a hole punch to punch two holes at the top.
- Hang in the window with suction cups. I didn't trust our little dollar store suction cups, so I also taped around the edges. They didn’t fall down and we really enjoyed watching the little sprouts get big enough to transplant outside! In cooler weather, transplant into bigger pots and set in a sunny window.